Woodworking AdhesivesJuly 30 2019
At Action adhesives, we have the pleasure of working with a wide range of people, across a range of industries on a daily basis. We have specialists who focus on particular industries. One of these industries that we supply woodworking adhesives to is the woodworking sector.
Our experts understand the issues our customers face on daily basis from experience and other valued customers. There is an ever growing challenge, of working with an increasing range of materials. We know the challenge of knowing which adhesive is most suitable for your needs. This is where we come in. We have over 20 years experience supplying the widest range of adhesives in Ireland. If you need a product, we will work with you to source the most suitable adhesive for your application, at the best price.
When choosing an adhesive, there are a number of factors to consider.
1. The Substrate being Bonded
Be it bonding a HPL to mdf or Bonding in a glazing panel into a door the materials that you are bonding are the first key factor which will determine the adhesive to use.
2. The elements exposed to the finished product
An adhesives must be suitable for the environment as well as the substrates. We stock a range of products which have excellent water and temperature resistance. As wood is a natural product and can move due to moisture and temperature flexibility. Ensuring the correct adhesive is essential.
3. Cure Speed
Time is money and we all like to squeeze as much work into the working day as possible. In most cases people want a fast curing adhesive to help speed up production. In some cases we would recommend a slower cure adhesive for better results.
4. The equipment needed
Depending on the adhesive, certain equipment maybe necessary to give the best results, such as spray equipment, a panel press etc. We will work with you and you equipment to help find the solution that best suits you.
5. Health and safety
For all joiners, shopfitters and carpenters health and safety within the workshop is paramount and here at Action Adhesives we care about your safety. We can provide you products which are non-flammable, Reduced VOCs, Fire rated, VOC free and non-chlorinated.
We stock a range of adhesives for Woodworking and Joinery:
Hot Melt Adhesives
- Edgebanding sheet materials with PE, ABS, PVC melamine and solid lipping
- Profile wrapping cornice profiles and doors
- Lamination of laminates to sheet material
- General wood and furniture assembly
- Worktop construction
- Stair construction
- Window and doors construction
- Applications requiring an excellent water resistance
- Window and door manufacture
- Timber lamination
- Excellent on exotic hardwoods
- Profile wrapping kitchen doors
- Expanding foams for window door sealing
- Quick timber chip repairs
- Kitchen manufacture Cornice and light pelmet mitre bonding
- Timber bonding
- Silicones for glazing applications
- Mirror bonding
- Glass bonding
- Granite or quartz worktop bonding
Solvent based Adhesive
- Used to bond laminates to sheet materials
- Bonding flexi ply for curved work
- Ideal for bonding high gloss laminates
- Worktop postforming
Traditionally in woodworking, urea formaldehyde more recently known in the market as “Cascomite”, was used for every wood bonding application. In recent times, the development of water-based adhesives and the reclassification of formaldehyde as a carcinogenic, has seen the industry steer to water-based adhesive such as PVA. The ever changing range of materials is increasing the range of adhesives available on the market. This is making decisions for joiners more difficult. That’s where our team of adhesive experts are here to help you out of any ‘sticky situation’.