Why Choose a Structural AdhesivesFebruary 24 2020
What is a Structural Adhesive?
Structural adhesives are an adhesive that cures or hardens into a material capable of holding two or more substrates together, for the lifetime of the product. They may be called a “load bearing” adhesive. The product should be able to sustain shock, vibration, chemical exposure, temperature extremes and many other types of weakening or destructive agents. The substrates involved can be the same or very different. This can range from metals, plastics, glass, rubbers, ceramics or composites.
9 Reasons to Choose a Structural Adhesives:
- Reduction of costly mechanical fastening methods
- Improved and quick processing methods
- Reduction in labour and maintenance costs
- Will fill large gaps
- Reduction in the need for Welding
- Leaves a clean finish, with no marks or distortion
- Provides even distribution of stress over the entire surface bonded
- Structural adhesives are resistant to cyclic fatigue
- They have exceptional shear strength and high peel properties
Structural Adhesives from Action Adhesives
Our Action Adhesives structural adhesives are two-part resins. Upon mixing, the adhesives cure to form an impact resistant plastic film. The curing process of these adhesives can be chemical, UV or electron. These adhesives are exceptionally versatile. They are designed to provide tough, durable bonds for a range of surfaces.
We supply a wide range of structural adhesives, guns and nozzles. Our team are committed to offering the best advice on adhesive technologies. For more contact the team below.
Other Adhesive Blogs from Action Adhesives
- The Best Wood GlueFinding the best wood glue for your joinery can be tough. There are lots of different options out there […]
- Pressure Sensitive AdhesiveLooking for a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA)? At Action Adhesives, we supply a range of water or hot melt […]
- Floor Adhesive for use with Underfloor Heating SystemsParabond Parquet 300+ is an MS Hybrid Polymer adhesive. This adhesive is designed for adhering floors. It is ideally […]
- Medical Adhesives from PermabondAt Action Adhesives, we work with companies that provide great and innovative products. One company that supply a niche […]
- We Don’t Sell Tec7… ButWe often get asked “Do you sell Tec7?” No, we do not sell Tec7 … But Buy a Product, […]
- How to fit skirting board using Bond all UltraPlay Video Below to See Bond All Ultra in use With so many products on the market, it is […]