What are VST tapes?July 17 2019
VST Tapes are an exceptionally strong double-sided bonding tape. They provide an excellent alternative to mechanical fasteners, screws, rivets and welds. VST tapes work through the bonding tape permanently attaching one substrate to another. They distribute the stress load across the joint. After the materials are joined, the tape creates an exceptionally strong weld that is often stronger than mechanical fasteners.
Meaning of VST
Rather than something exciting, VST simply means “Very Strong Tape”.
VST Tapes in Industry
Probably the most versatile adhesive our VST range have endless uses in a wide variety of industries. They are in use in industries not limited to:
- Sign & Display
- General Industry
Why Choose a VST Tape?
Here are 12 Reasons:
- VST tapes are great for spreading stress across the length of the joints
- They are quick and easy to apply, while also been exceptionally clean
- They are perfect for reducing noise and vibration
- VST tapes prevent corrosion by separating different types of materials
- When using a VST tape, you can use thinner, lighter weight materials
- Clean Appearance – They display no unsightly rivets or spot welds
- Vibrant Resistance – The acrylic foam in the tapes distributes the stress over the whole area
- Strength – They displace traditional fasteners such as liquid adhesives, rivets, spot welds and various other fasteners
- Can Cut Easily – VST tapes can easily be cut precisely and are excellent in aiding assembly
- Exceptionally efficient at absorbing shock
- VST tapes have a high temperature resistance (-40 to +160 degree C)
- Resists moisture, UV light and temperature cycles
VST Tapes in the Automotive Industry
VST tapes are common in the automotive sector. They are in cars, buses, trucks and trains. You will find VST tapes in adhesion critical applications in the Aerospace and marine sectors, on planes or boats. The uses are broad and include:
- Structural bonding of panels, whether this is on a truck, bus or other vehicle.
- Interior and exterior trim fixing
- Car spoiler mounting
- Light construction and mounting
- Badge and emblem fixing
VST Tapes in the Construction Industry
VST tapes are popular in construction applications. This includes both interior and exterior applications. VST tapes will bond cladding panels and glass facades to aluminum frames. They form an adhesive in the creation of shop fronts.
VST tapes are perfect for windows such as sky lights, BIPV photovoltaic windows and in bomb proof windows.
VST tapes are common in the creation of partitions, in the creation of ceiling climate control systems and in many doors. They are in many elevators keeping the interior, ceiling and doors firmly in place.
Signage and Display
VST tapes are very popular in the signage and display industry. They are used in applications including:
- Road Traffic Signs
- Large Panel Signs
- Bonding clear polycarbonate to illuminated signs
- Construction of obelisk signs
- Bonding of POS, name plates, A frame signs and DOT Matrix signs.
- Fixing of box signs and panels to frames x. emergency signage, digital signage
- Totem Sign Construction
VST have a wide range of uses within the electrical industry. With their strong adhesive qualities and easy of application they are ideal for use in this industry. These tapes are used for:
- Electrical insulation
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Anti-Static applications
- PCB Masking
- Bonding to high temperature surfaces
- Conductive connection and fixing
General Industry Applications
- Point of sale applications
- Plastic Moldings and Extrusions
- Glass Fabrication
- Furniture/ Kitchens/ Bathrooms
- Electrical Appliance Assembly
- Manufacture of ovens, electric fires and extractor fans
At Action Adhesives we stock a range of high performance VST and structural bonding tapes. All our tapes contain the highest quality and performance levels compared to any double-sided bonding and mounting tapes on the market. We stock 15 different sizes all available for next day delivery. To learn more contact our team below